A quick post about two of my favourite Paleo recipes - the Berry Smoothie and Artichoke Hummus. Both are super yummy and super nutritious, packed with fat/fibre/protein like every good meal should be!
The smoothie can be breakfast on the go, an afternoon snack, or even converted into a more substantial smoothie bowl for those that prefer to eat with a spoon. Great toppings include coconut flakes, goji berries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, almond shards. Check out this great recipe and how-to video:
• 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk if you prefer)
• 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
• ½ avocado
• Handful of frozen berries (best if organic)
• Handful of frozen veggies (cauliflower and kale/spinach are great options)
• 1 serve grass fed collagen protein powder (unflavoured)
• 1 tbsp nut butter (almond or ABC nut butter)
• squeeze of vanilla bean paste (optional)
• 1 tsp greens powder (optional)
1. Place all items in a Nutri Ninja or blender until smooth
2. Drink through a straw and "chew" before swallowing
The artichoke hummus is a great Paleo-friendly snack, and can be eaten with seed crackers or carrot sticks (or other veggie sticks of your choice). Keep it in the fridge for when you get peckish and are more likely to make poor food choices. You can also use cauliflower or pumpkin as an artichoke alternative, but I like the texture of the artichoke the best so I tend to stick with this option. Check out this great recipe and how-to video:
• 1 can artichoke hearts (in brine not vinegar)
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Pinch salt to taste
• 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
1. Drain the artichoke hearts from the liquid and get out as much of the residual water as possible. Place into food processor or Nutri Ninja.
2. Add garlic clove, tahini, oil, cumin, salt and lemon to food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor before bending again for 30 secs.
Nutrify your life!